The aerosol PTFE spray Duraglide™ is a medical-grade polytetrafluoroethylene microdispersion PTFE lubricant packaged for mold release applications. Ideal for component assembly applications, this lubricant is sprayed over the surface to be coated. Once it dries, which is almost instantly, it leaves a thin, uniform, dry, PTFE coating over any surface. This enables a low-cost, non-migrating, pyrogenically-inert coating that imparts ultra-low friction and resolves “stiction” problems common in low-speed, light-load applications.
Formulated specifically for medical device mold-release and component-assembly uses, the Duraglide™ dry lubricant is ready-to-use and calibrated with a concentration of PTFE optimized for most lubrication needs. Normal precautions (safety glasses, etc.) should be used when using this product.
Here are the operating instructions for the proper use of the Duraglide™ PTFE lubricants.
Treated surfaces should be clean and dry prior to application of the lubricant. To ensure the lubricant dispenses uniformly when sprayed, shake the can and make certain the “mixer ball” contained inside the can moves freely before each use. Hold the can 10-12 inches (25-30 cm) from the surface to be treated. For best results, apply as a thin mist. The coating dries in seconds and can be seen on the part as a milky-white film. A single treatment is adequate for most applications. It offers many important money saving benefits:
- Low cost and convenient aerosol-spray dispensing
- Imparts a low coefficient of friction of 0.06.
- ISO 10993 tested and certified.
- Factory calibrated PTFE content for consistent results.
- Non-flammable handling in storage and use.
- No special equipment requirements.
- Inimical to bio burden issues.
- Compatible with ETO and radiation sterilization processes.
- Oil free; non-migrating/non-staining.
- Excellent materials compatibility; plastic safe
- Fast drying with minimal odor