Duraglide™ Dry Lubricants are milky-white, medical-grade, dry lubricants using PTFE lubricants. PTFE lubricants reduce surface-to-surface friction to levels unachievable by any other lubricant or process. They provide surgical devices with smoother, more consistent actuations and reduced “stiction.” One key advantage of the Duraglide™ products are the ultra-small PTFE particle size because smaller particles produce less friction. With the Duraglide™ products, particle size varies between 1-15 microns with an average of 3.7 microns. No other product on the market matches this consistency and size.
Another benefit is substantially improved ease of use, because Duraglide™ products are packaged using factory-precise, calibrated concentrations.
In terms of applications, Duraglide™ is most often used as a dip. A quick “dunking” of the parts that need lubrication is all that is required. The product is most commonly used on disposable medical devices. Typical applications include catheters, cutting tools, staplers, hypo tubes and other “surface to surface” assemblies that slide, pivot, rock or twist. It is also used on production fixtures to speed the assembly of plastic and metal components. Depending upon the application, Duraglide™ is available as a fluid dispersion in concentrations ranging from 0.5% to 10%, with the 2% solids the most popular choice. Custom formulations also are available.
Here are the operating instructions for the proper use of the Duraglide™ PTFE lubricants.
Additionally, Duraglide™ products are available with two different carrier fluids. The “XF” formulation produces a smoother, more even coating but is more expensive. The “XC” material does almost — but not quite — as well, but is substantially more affordable. Customers should consider which formulation is optimal for their product, process and application.
- Medical grade, ISO 10993 tested and certified
- Packaged ready-to-use with no labor-wasting mixing or inconsistencies.
- Nonflammable carrier fluids for easy shipping, storage and handling
- Outstanding particle “hang-time” with minimal agitation delivers smoother coatings
- Calibrated PTFE content for consistent coating results and easy validation
- Simple equipment requirements for high-volume production
- The fluid is inimical to pyrogens, minimizing bioburden issues
- Compatible with ETO, ultrasonic and radiation sterilization processes.
- Non-migrating lubricant
- Excellent materials compatibility
- Fast drying carrier fluid with minimal solvent odor
Note: The Duraglide™ fluids are in concentrations ranging from 0.5% to 10%. The SDS sheet attached is specifically for the popular 2% solution using the “XF” carrier. For other formulations, please contact MicroCare directly.
|Part Number||Package||Weight||Size||Tech Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|MCC-XF020L||Liter (Sample Package)||1.13 kg||1 Liter|
|MCC-XF020G||Metal Pail||4.5 kg||3.8 Liter|
|MCC-XF020P||Metal Pail||22.7 kg||19 Liter|
|MCC-XF020D||Drum||227 kg||227 Liter|